Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Films seen in 2008 so far



Iron Man: ***/****
Cloverfield: ***/****
The Incredible Hulk: ***/****
Recount: ***.5/****
Forgetting Sarah Marshall: ***/****
Smart People: ***/****
Stop-Loss: **/****


It's been a down year so far, although I have only given 1 film a bad review (Stop-Loss), only 1 film has surpassed 3 stars. That would be Re-Count, an HBO film about the 2000 election between George Bush and Al Gore. Many people haven't seen the film, but it's the most involving and interesting thing I've seen in 2008. Although I have missed some films I wanted to see, including In Bruges and Snow Angels are out on dvd very soon, that excites me. I've also caught up on some 2007 titles I've missed, including The Savages, and Control, both of which I gave 3 stars. The only films from 2007 that I havent seen, that appeal to me are, Charlie Wilsons War and Ratatouille (spelling?) Everything else, I have consumed

I am also sad to say that most of the Summer films that I was excited for got torn apart by critics, and therefore, I havent seen. These films include: The Happening, Speed Racer, and Indiana Jones. Things are looking bleak for this Summer, but we still have potential hits like Hancock, Wanted, Hellboy 2, Tropic Thunder, Pineapple Express, and The Dark Knight.

No comments: