Tuesday, March 1, 2005

A rare occurence in a decent sized bedroom

Since I knew a snow day was in the rare works, the movie fan came out in me lastnight, I popped in Traffic at a few minutes after 10 and instead of falling asleep, I fell more in love with this movie. After seeing this in like 6th or 7th grade I had no idea what I was watching at this time, I wanted to pretend to like it, because I knew of the acclaim is was getting, and I wanted to sound smart by saying that I liked it, but I didn't understand a smudge of it. Fastforward to when it comes out on DVD, most likely 5 or 6 months after it hit theatres. I of course bought it, and it sat on my quickly stacking collection up until now. Rewind to the Oscars of 2001, growing up to be the loser fucking asshole movie fan that I am, I cheered for Gladiator to win best picture. But lastnight after finally having Traffic catch up to me, it hinted at me how strong it is, and how strong it might never be, due to the fact that it is fairly unknown, and that Gladiator overshadowed it that year. This movie is better than Gladiator, it's now probably in my top 12-13 movies of all time. I'm so cool, by the way, no one else that I know my age could write this, fuck you. tL

No comments: